"Bob, can I talk to you in my office?"
While terminating employees is one of the more unpleasant tasks that owners and managers have to carry out, it is a necessary part of doing business.
If you're not careful, however, mistakes committed during the firing process can come back to haunt you by way of legal action. Learn the most common mistakes made when giving workers the boot.
More AllBusiness Slideshows
- Steps to Take When Firing an Employee
- When Can You Legally Fire Employees?
- Decreasing the Legal Risks of Employee Termination
- Documentation of Employee Performance Issues
- Protect Your Business Against Workplace Discrimination Claims
- Retaliatory Measures: Boom Times for a New Kind of Workplace Discrimination